The Site Evaluation is conducted by the Qualified Professional that you hire along with Environmental Health (EH) staff. In order for this to happen, the Qualified Professional files a Site Evaluation Application with EH along with the fee.
At the Site Evaluation, we will review surface features, site characteristics, and soil and groundwater conditions to determine suitability for the work that is proposed on the property. The Site Evaluation ensures that the System will be designed, installed, constructed, enlarged, replaced, modified or repaired with minimal impact to public health and the environment..
The Site Evaluation has several possible components:
- Review of existing, relevant parcel information - to be done by the Qualified Professional
- Site visit which involves observation with the Qualified Professional and EH staff
- Soil profile study conducted by the Qualified Professional and observed by EH
- Percolation tests conducted by the Qualified Professional and observed by EH
- Groundwater and seasonal water table determinations conducted by the Qualified Professional and observed by EH
Not all components are required if previously collected data already exists and is still relevant. After the first two steps are completed, EH will inform the Qualified Professional and Parcel Owner what other Site Evaluation components are required.